Saturday, January 28, 2006

Backstage

I'm sitting backstage in the green room waiting to go onstage. I just went out and watched the band perform a little from sidestage. It is just so surreal. I wonder what people think goes on backstage. Do they think that it's a big, exciting party or pep rally until you're up onstage? It's not. I love my job, but it's not exactly glamorous.

The green room is never really green (except one time when the walls were actually painted green). Sometimes you have great snacks. Other times you just have water. I hate the wait. I try to read until it's time for us, but I'm usually too jittery. I actually have a great time during the show. It is a fun career. However, it's not as glamorous as you would think. Maybe the big stars have a glamorous time backstage, but it's rather boring for me. I'll say it again...I hate wait.

Pray for our shows this weekend. We perform twice today in Missouri and once tomorrow night in Arkansas. Pray that many will come to know the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you guys always drive to your shows or do you sometimes fly? It seems like a really long haul from MO to Arkansas. Do you have a driver or something? I can't imagine covering that many miles and still being fresh to perform.

AUNY said...

We drive alot of the time. This time, however, we flew to Springfield, MO and rented a car. Our show in AR is only a couple of hours from Springfield. So, this trip wasn't too bad.