Thursday, February 02, 2006

New Direction

I'm excited about where the Lord is taking me. I've been feeling like He wants me to write a book about my adventures in prayer which I've already begun. A couple of weeks ago, someone talked with me about speaking to women about prayer. The more I thought about it, the more I began to think that the Lord wanted me to speak at women's conferences and seminars.

I discussed this with Brock and he was encouraging about it. We decided that the first thing I needed to do was to go to women events and learn from them. That very day, I received a brochure in the mail about the women events that our church was doing for the year. That Saturday, they were having a women's breakfast. I decided to go.

On the way to the breakfast, I prayed that if the Lord truly wanted me to do this that He would have someone ask me while I was there to speak to women sometime in the future. Long story short, after the breakfast, my friend asked me to speak at her women's Bible study. Therefore, I'm speaking next Thursday night. I'm so nervous!

4 comments:

AUNY said...

Don't worry. I still plan to travel with Brock and continue our ministry. This will be a wonderful compliment. In fact, Brock just worked out another speaking engagement for me tagged onto an event we're doing this month.

Amber said...

That's awesome!!! Your going to be GREAT!!!

Anonymous said...

Tonight? Like this Thursday night? We're praying for you. Mom

AUNY said...

next thursday night.