Friday, October 03, 2008

Stressful Day

I'm glad I had that carefree day Wednesday, because yesterday was anything but. We get up early in the morning again to catch an early flight to Spokane, Washington. It is a 45 minute drive from Post Falls, ID where we were to perform last night.

We flew United which I said that I would never do again after the last time. However, my choices were limited when flying from Nashville to Spokane. We get there on time, and everyone boards the plane. Then, they tell us that the flight attendance's head set wasn't working. Because of "safety" reasons, she has to have that headset working. They had us deplane. After about 30 minutes of waiting, we realize that we are going to miss our connecting flight in Denver, so we called United. The line was too long at the gate because there was another United plane right next door that was also broken down (this is why I don't fly United anymore). They couldn't help us on the phone, so Brock went out past security and back to the front desk. I stayed at the gate just in case something happened. By this time, our flight had been canceled.

As I was standing in line at the gate, American Airlines called me about a problem with another flight that we are taking later this month. I took care of it while Brock was trying to get us to Idaho in time for our show.

Our part of the show began at 9pm. The only flight we could find got us to Spokane at 7:15pm. This meant that we couldn't even have a hiccup or else we'd miss the show. If we landed on time, we could grab our bags and rental car and be there by 8:30 hopefully. When we took off from Denver, we taxied on the runway for about 20 extra minutes! There was nothing I could do, but I knew that there was a chance that we'd miss the show all together. Despite the slow takeoff, we still get there at 7:15. We had our bags and were in the rental car by 7:35. We get into the venue at 8:17 and we went onstage right at 9pm. Woo! We made it! It was a great show, too! Over 200 people gave their lives to the Lord. That made the stress totally worth it!

3 comments:

Mom in Shepherd said...

Travel is certainly a big part of your stress. I am praying for you and our church continues to pray for you.

Anonymous said...

and now you are home. lets rest and have a party

Barbara said...

hahahaha i think brock is right.
forgot the incident. enjoy home.