Monday, July 07, 2008

Back to the Beach

Well, now we are back in Fort Walton Beach. Yesterday, we had an early flight to Pensacola, FL. Our friends, Steph, Lindsey, and Jacob had driven our truck from Nashville to Pensacola. They blew the air horn and stuck their heads out the window when they picked us up at the airport. I already had my bathing suit on and Brock's shirt was off. We were ready to go to the beach! Pensacola is our favorite beach in the U.S.A.

We drove to the beach, got all of our towels and stuff out, and headed for the water. On our way there, the occupants of the beach were making a mass exit. It was like we were walking the wrong way. Everyone was emptying the beach except us. The reason was obvious. A huge, dark cloud had rolled up. Before we actually went onto the sand, we stood up on the sidewalk and watched the storm come in. That was actually very exciting!

When it began to rain, we ran across the street to a shopping center. Then, we ate the best key lime pie in the world at a place called Flounders. It had cleared up some by then, so we went back out to the beach. I guess that our early morning caught up with us, because Brock and I slept for about two hours on the beach. After that, we ate dinner at a restaurant on the water and headed to Fort Walton to begin another week of Superwow.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Fun day!
Hope you have a super week on the super wow camp and super get fun there! hahaha

AUNY said...

I miss you here already, Barbara. We are on the third floor this time...not so many stairs!

Barbara said...

that's a lot better!! hahaha
but sometimes the excercise was good! =)

Barbara said...

and i miss you too!

Anonymous said...

Auny,

Would you guys be interested in hanging out with me and my daughter when you're here in Hahira (GA)? I know a great family owned orchard where we can get home made peach ice cream! I didn't know if you'd have free time or not. Either day, Wed or Thurs...I'll take the day off work.

Just let me know. I wish Barbara was still with you guys...I'd really love to meet her!

Teresa W.

AUNY said...

Teresa, the problem is that we don't really know our schedule until we get there. I do know that we won't get there until Wednesday afternoon.