Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Chocolate Shop Lady

We are in Fargo, ND because we have a show in Detroit Lakes, MN tonight which is only an hour away (I know that's confusing). We had to take a 3 legged flight yesterday, because that was the only way to get from Fort Walton Beach, FL to Fargo, ND. Also, one of our flights was delayed for two hours, so it made for a long day.

While we were in the Minneapolis airport in one of our layovers, we went to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate shop. They have dipped apples there that we love. Brock was teasing the lady that worked there that she was going to heaven because she made such delicious dipped apples. He carried on with her for a while, and she teased back. He even said, "She'll be sitting up there with Jesus."

At first, I thought that wasn't wise of Brock to say that you could go to heaven any other way than through Jesus even though he was obviously teasing. Then, I thought that even now, I bet that lady is thinking about how you get to heaven. I told Brock that it was good that he mentioned how to get to heaven because she's thinking about it at this point. He said that this was his intention the entire time. He's a very smart man. He got a stranger to think about her eternity without being confrontational or sounding self righteous. I'm still praying for the lady in the chocolate shop in Minneapolis.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Very interesting and smart way. I'll pray for her too.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for the chocolate shop lady and for you as well. Remember to HALT. Don't get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired! Our youth (and myself) are excited about seeing you guys on Wed/Thurs of this week! I've prayed for two years for this to happen for the youth of this area and God has been faithful in answering my prayer!

Be still and know that "HE" is God. Take care of yourself!

Thanks for all you and Brock do for God's kingdom!

Teresa W.

AUNY said...

Teresa, that's the verse that the Lord is constantly telling me. We get a whole day off in Fort Walton on Tuesday, so I'm praying that I get enough rest then. I'm rather tired right now.