Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Brock's Quickness

I was about to write a blog about how quickly Brock thinks onstage. Well, I thought that you might want to hear it from him:

i dont know what the problem is this week but we have had some problems. the good news is that the audience had no idea but, we have had some technical problems. i have had to be quick on my feet this week. when things go wrong i kinda like it sometimes because it is a challenge for me. i try to problem solve and get thru it before a disaster happens. some things are unavoidable and somethings were just plain stupidity on our part but it has been weird. when i do a show there are hundreds of details that have to be right or else things fall apart. the good thing is that i have a quickness about me that allows me to play with the crowd orchange the routine and make it entertaining. sometimes a big mess up turns into the best thing that could ever happen. the solution becomes better than the original. tonight that happened. i was messing up something and trying to figure out what went wrong and it turned into a really funny bit. i am going to keep it in the show now. from now on i will do it this way to get the same funny result. i love when this happens. anyway, the past 3 shows i have had to be quick. i have worked my brain overtime. i am not sure why but i am not complaining. it keeps it fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just proves how "God can make all things good!" Especially if its from one of our "mess-ups!" hehe :)

Thanks for responding on the Hahira visit. We'll see how things pan out once you are here. I'll try and catch up with you. My daughter (she's 13) will be there both nights. Will Stephanie be with you guys? I'd really like for my daughter to meet her. I've listened to her testimony on U-Tube and its wonderful. My daughter has similar struggles.

Sorry...to ramble...I'm really excited about seeing you guys again!

Please just keep "us" in mind for some fun time when you come! There's nothing like homemade Georgia Peach ice cream! It'll be my treat for you guys!

Keep safe and I pray for all of you often!

Teresa W.

AUNY said...

We really appreciate your prayers. We will be looking for you. Unfortunately, Steph won't be with us.