Thursday, July 16, 2009

Goodbye South Padre Island

We ate some good food: actually we ate at a place called the Big Donkey every night because it was so good. It was mexican food. They have the freshest salsa that I've ever had. Plus, they have this wonderful thing called chicken mole tacos. Mole is a sauce with chili peppers, fruits, nuts, and chocolate. It's great!

We met some cool people: Charlie, who owns the umbrella rental organization, is one of the coolest people I've ever met. I will remember one of the security guards at the venue, Rosa, for the rest of my life. I will tell you more about her later.

We had a fun camp: I think that the Lord was really working in some of the students' lives. I know that some of them experienced the freedom that comes from choosing to forgive.

We leave today to go back home. Then, we have a weekend at home before we begin a camp on Jekyll Island, GA. I will post some pictures later.

0 comments: