Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Valentine Love Story

I heard a real Valentine love story this year. It's very encouraging to know that romance still thrives after being together for a long time. Keep in mind that this couple has been married for 37 years. Here is the email:

When I came home from work Thursday after a really hard day I found a classic looking ceramic pitcher filled with flowers on my cleaned off dining room table. Of course I was thrilled with an early Valentine's gift of flowers. My husband asked if I noticed anything about the vase (pitcher). I said no. He prodded me a bit more but I came up blank. He reminded me of the pitcher I had admired at Hubble and Hudson probably one or two months ago. Even I had forgotten it. But my husband took noticed and remembered. Who says men don't listen? Do you think he is still trying to impress me? Love, Mom

Yes, the email was from my mom and it was about my dad. How sweet!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your parents were always inspirational in the way they treated each other. I think that growing up around influences like that are a real blessing!

Doris Godbey said...

Your parents are certainly good role models for all around them!

I have an aunt and uncle who have been married for 61 years (he is 81 and she is 82--he went for the older woman!). They have always been such an example for me--I remenber their "dating days" and how they doted on each other....and now 61 years later, they still dote on each other. It brings me to tears to see the way that they look at each other....She will look at him and her eyes just seem to melt with love for him and when he looks at her his eyes twinkle like a teenager! But as much as they love each other, they love God even more--He is the head of their household! I am sure that they must have had some disagreements over the years, but I sometimes wonder!

Living The Unfinished Story said...

That is very inspiring. I love that. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

I still remember when your dad gave her the flowers from the pulpit when we were early teens and told her he loved her more today than yesterday, but less than tomorrow; and she had to sign it! :)They are so cute and such an inspiration.

Barbara said...

this is soooo cute!!

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.