Friday, December 26, 2008

The Season of Giving

One of our friends whom came to our last party with a purpose decided to give to Hands and Feet this year instead of giving out gifts. She said that everyone in her and her husband's family already have so much stuff. I know another girl whose family decided to give to charities instead of exchanging gifts.

Also, I know 3 people whom are having parties with a purpose this month. Two couples are having it as a Christmas party. Another girl is having people bring money to support a cause to her birthday party instead of gifts for her (see Joy's blog a couple of days ago to read about this). I've heard that one of our friend's parents have begun having parties with a purpose.

Stephanie Smith just went to El Salvador to meet her Compassion child. I watched her excitedly make her child a gift before she left. Somehow, I have the feeling that this will be her favorite gift she gives this year.

All of these people have participated in parties with a purpose. I know that I've learned a lot this year about giving. Brock has always been a natural giver. It doesn't come as naturally to me. However, giving parties does. Isn't it cool to see how the Lord inspires a community and uses all of their individual gifts for a bigger cause? I'm just so excited that the spirit of giving is catching on even more!

0 comments: