Thursday, April 28, 2005

Family and Cookie's Cantina

While Brock's been in Malta, I have been staying at my parents' house in a small town outside of Houston. It's been great! When you go back home after you are married, it is so different. Suddenly, this house that used to have guidelines and responsibilities becomes a place of fun and relaxation only. Everything is optional and carefree because it's home yet you are still a guest.

A couple of nights ago, mom and I drove to a town right off of I-45 to meet my sister, Kay half way. Kay lives in Fort Worth. We stayed at a Holiday Express and had a pajama party. It was so fun! The three of us are so different yet think a lot alike. We always seem to understand and appreciate the other person's point of view.

Normally, you cannot go wrong with a mexican restuarant in Texas. However, Cookie's Cantina left much more to be desired. (I should have known something was up with a name like "Cookie.") I asked the little waitress if the queso was white or yellow (I like the white colored). She said that it was just velveta melted down. She grabbed a plate with a half eaten burrito and with a look of disgust, pointed to the cheese and said, "It looks like this." Then, later another lady who we came to find out was Cookie came to take our order. I asked her if the beef in the chimichanga was ground beef of steak. She said, "I'll be honest. I get them frozen from Sam's." I ordered the enchilados. They were not the best I've ever had. They were tough. I've never had tough enchilados before. Kay said those were probably frozen too!

0 comments: