Monday, April 28, 2008

Coming to the End of Yourself

Two things happened yesterday during the last service. Brock was speaking at the church that brought us in for the Freedom Experience. It was the last of 11 shows since Wednesday. It had been an amazing week yet an exhausting week, too. At the closing of the last service, Brock said, "I guess I'm done!" Everyone in the church began clapping. Then, they rose to their feet...a standing ovation! This moved me to tears.

Also, while Brock was having everyone pray toward the end of the service, I began climbing the stairs up to the sound booth for the last time. We'd done four services there over the weekend, so I'd climbed the staircase many times before. As I was walking up, I felt the Lord tell me to pray for the people sitting on either side of the aisle as I passed by them. The strangest thing happened! I barely had enough strength to physically make it up the stairs, but I felt the power of God literally radiating off my body to the people as I passed by. This was a new experience for me!

Later, I shared with Brock what had happened. I couldn't believe that I could be that drained, yet the Holy Spirit could still use me at that point. Brock made a very profound statement about it. He said, "When you live in the extreme, that's when you live in the supernatural. When you come to the end of yourself, that's where God is."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brock is so wise. I am praying for you to get real rest and rejuvenation today. I am so greatful that you are sensitive the holy spirit and willing to answer his call even when you are exhausted.

Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Auny: JV is doing a series of sermons on the Holy Spirit..this is a great example for him Thanks for sharing! Love ya'll

Lucy Thomas

Gin said...

Thanks for sharing that, Auny...I needed to hear that today :)

Anonymous said...

That moved me to tears.

Love you both

Mom G

Shannon said...

Auny..your stories always touch my heart and I love how God just radiates off everything that you do! I miss you so very much and I pray everyday for you and Brock and the amazing ministry that you guys have!

Miss you soooooo much