Saturday, April 05, 2008

Hosting a Chocolate Tasting

Please pray for me today!!! I'm hosting a chocolate tasting for the women at a church in Murfreesburo, TN. There are going to be 60 women there! I feel confident about the actual chocolate tasting, but I'm not too sure about speaking about Compassion after that. Brock usually does that part. Please pray that my passion comes out and that I don't get too nervous.

This is the plan: Everyone will congregate around four different tables (approximately 15 at each one). I will lead everyone through the tasting on the mic. Then, everyone will sit down in the center of the room as I share about my experience with Compassion International. After that, the women can mingle around. We will have two chocolate fountains set up, a table with Compassion children that you can sponsor, and a table where you can actually buy the chocolate bars that we used in the tasting AND a chocolate tasting kit (yes, we have those ready now).

Please pray that despite me and my fumbling words, that lots of Compassion children get sponsored. I am so passionate about this! I saw how much it can change their lives. Now, in my head, I add the number of Compassion children that are sponsored to the number of people that get saved at our show. That's how strongly I feel about it. I believe that this program is another way that the Lord is getting the gospel out to other parts of the world. We can each be a missionary to one child.

5 comments:

Mom in Shepherd said...

I am praying for you, Andrea.

Amber said...

What an AWESOME new step! Good Luck, I'll be praying!

Anonymous said...

I pray your event is a huge success and many, many children will be sponsored as a result.

God bless you!

(*Would you consider adding Jesus + Compassion to your blog roll--God bless you)

Rebecca said...

chad and i have been sponsoring a compassion child for about three years now. we found out about her at a concert. i did not realize that this was such a passion of yours. i look forward to her letters and i look forward to writing her and her family letters. i will be praying for you.

Barbara said...

You'll be great. The Lord will put the words on your mouth. Trust in Him.
I'm praying.