Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Gift of Hospitality

A little over a year ago, I took a spiritual gifts test with my girls. Included in the top few gifts of mine was the gift of hospitality. I thought, "How can this be used?" I knew that back in Bible times, people would stay at others' homes as they were passing through town. That doesn't happen too often now. Then, I thought that maybe it meant making people feel comfortable no matter where you were...even if it wasn't in your home. Either way, I asked the Lord to use and develop this gift.

The last couple of weeks I've really seen how the Lord has done this very thing. We had our second Party with a Purpose on Easter. Then, we had a band of three guys, a "road manager," 3 different girls on two separate occasions stay at our house within the last couple of weeks. Plus, I hosted a chocolate tasting.

It's exciting to see the Lord use you in different ways. I especially like it when He uses the gifts that come naturally to us. Who knew that He could use such a fun gift for His glory? What are your spiritual gifts? You don't have to feel like you're bragging. The Lord is the one put them in you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've taken a few of those tests throughout the years and the order may change but the gifts usually are:

1) Pastor/Shepherd
2) Exhortation (Encouragement)
3) Discernment
4) Wisdom
5) Teaching

I like writing (teaching) in order to encourage the members of the Body based on the things I observe and sense around me! So...kinda makes sense! Thanks for helping me think through that!

Barbara said...

i don't know..

Anonymous said...

I have the gift of chocolate eating. I do it for jesus

Anonymous said...

we did this just last week in sunday school mine was giving

Barbara said...

hahahahahaha that was good brock!!
roflol!