Monday, March 28, 2005

Creating a New DVD

We are at Jupiter Projects' studio today working on our new DVD. We have already completed the filming of our second and best DVD, but today is the day that we place the finishing touches on it. Brock along with Ken, one of the editors, are working on it mostly today. I cannot stand the tedious art of editing nor do I have an eye for it. Brock both enjoys it as well as has a good eye for it.

I thought that I would hate the actual filming as much as I despise the editing process. To my surprise, I rather liked filming the DVD. It was tedious in that we had several takes for every single illusion. I was in these tiny boxes or contraptions for a long period of time. In fact, I strained a muscle in my back because of it. I had trouble walking for days.

We do this dramatic illusion called The Puppetmaster on the stage. It displays Satan's purpose to ruin your life. It is really hard to explain, but it involves much acting on my part. We decided to make it a short film for the DVD. It was challenging for me to transfer from the stage to the screen. On the stage, you over dramatize so the audience can feel your emotions. On the screen, you downplay emotion so as not to look cheesy. Plus, the camera catches every detail whereas the stage only displays the big expressions. With the help of Brock and one of the producers, I think that I was able to pull it off.

I will let you know when the new DVD finally comes out. It is called Brock Gill in "Hidden Agenda." It demonstrates not only what goes on onstage but backstage as well. It really shows Brock's personality and talent. It's fun!

0 comments: