Thursday, July 20, 2006

Being Hostess

My mom is the best hostess in the world. She takes care of everyone and makes sure they feel comfortable. Sometimes, when we have people over or I'm taking care of people on the road, I hear my mom in me. "I'll fix you a bag of cookies to take with you," or "you sound tired. Why don't you take a nap?"

Last night, when we had my uncle and aunt over for dinner, I realized that I have a long way to go before I'm like my mom. She wasn't asking them if they wanted tea. She was just fixing it for them and bringing a glass to them. "Just in time," my uncle replied. I don't know if I'll ever be able to know exactly what people want and when they want it like my mom does, but I'm going to try.

3 comments:

Gin said...

brock is right. you are a wonderful hostess. you have the greatest gift a hostess can have: you make people feel completely comforatble in your home. when i was at your house, i truly felt like i may as well have been at my own...

Anonymous said...

You sure could not find a better role model than Pam--in more ways than one! She is a great lady and loved by many. I am honored to be her friend!

You are doing just fine, Auny, the most important thing is that you are thinking of others and not yourself! I am honored to have you as a friend also!

Love ya,
Mrs. G

Matt said...

your hospitality has ALWAYS blown me away. i think you make a GREAT hostess.