Monday, July 10, 2006

A Message Entitled "Living Faith In Real-Time and Real Trouble"

The message at church yesterday seem to be just for me. The preacher was talking about faith. He said that when we go thru tests of faith, we want to either fast forward past it, pause and not deal with it, or rewind and redirect the situation. I think that I fall into every single category right now. He also said that there is no such thing as faith in the past because that's history. Faith in the future is really dreams. True faith is right now admist the confusion and trying times.

"The highest purpose of faith is to change me, not my circumstances," spoke the pastor. You want to know why the Lord doesn't always come swooping in on His white horse to save the day? It's because that's not His ultimate purpose. His purpose is always us...our hearts, our souls, us.

Therefore, while we are going thru this trying time where we are unsure about our financial situation for now and years to come, I'm going to choose faith. I'll probably have to choose faith everyday and maybe minute by minute at times, but that's what I'm going to do. I CHOOSE FAITH!

3 comments:

t.newb said...

Auny! Can you call me ASAP and give me Brock's cell number?! He told me to call him today and I thought I had it. I am meeting him in Denver this afternoon. THANK YOU! 970-389-7256.

Anonymous said...

you're going to be fine. i have faith in that. i don't know how its going to work out but I'm sure that it will. i love you guys.

AUNY said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Paige and Beth.