Monday, July 17, 2006

My In-Laws

Read Sara's post on her blog about the 2 percenters www.sarahorn.com/blog/. It's very encouraging.

I want to write about some other 2 percenters...my in-laws. My mother and father-in-law gave up a lucrative career back in the '80's to go to seminary and become a minister. They have been ministering ever since. I say "they" because they work as a team. My father-in-law is now pastor of a church in a small town in Louisiana.

Last year, their city got hit by Hurricane Rita. Since Rita wasn't as big of news as Katrina, some people didn't get any help from the state or government.

My in-laws invested in one of the houses that we invested in. They were also taken advantage of by the builder. They stand to lose alot of money.

Please pray for these two. They have given their lives to the Lord and they just feel like they are being beaten up from opposition. Pray that they would get some relief and feel comfort and peace like no other time. These two have sacrificed so much without much praise for it.

I want to personally thank you for what you've done. I look at Michawn and her wonderful heart toward missions. Brian is a great youth pastor with a connection like no other with students. Brock is touching people all over the world. These are only a few lives that you have influenced who are influencing others all over. You don't realize how many people you impact along the hilly path of ministry life. It has its ups and downs, but I know one thing...you are going to have the biggest mansion on the block in heaven for all that you've done!

3 comments:

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

They'll be in our prayers too.
I agree that they deserve more recognition. They have to be great folks to have a son like Brock!

-Lyndsay

Matt said...

i too, am another life that has been changed by mr. and mrs. gill. although, they probably don't remember me; i will never forget them.

brian said...

I think very few people ever have the kind of example in their lives as Roger and Linda Gill have been to me. Everything valuable in my life, (my salvation, my marriage, my ministry) is directly related to the Gill's ministry. When I was living right, they encouraged me, when I would get off track they would gently, firmly rebuke me and put me back on track. They always loved me no matter what. I was always welcome in their home. Roger Gill taught me how to love people, how to be a soul winner, how to be a good husband, how to live life. Everyone needs an example... the Gill family is mine.

I Love All the Gills...

Brian Britt