Sunday, July 09, 2006

College Age People

We had a girl stay with us this weekend that I know from my parents' church. I led her in a Disciple Now when she was in 7th grade. Now, she is 22 and possibly moving to Nashville.

These last few weeks, we've been around people that are college age...the Superwow staff and Stephy and Jessica. I really love that age. They have their whole lives stretched out in front of them. I'm a very dreamy person, and at this age is when dreams seem to be at its peak.

Last night, we ended up hanging out with a couple of single people in their 20's at the Cocoa Tree. It was fun! The Lord seems to be placing us around people in this age group.

I realize that I have a heart for people this age as well. They are at a time when they are seeking the Lord's will for their lives and making big decisions. I enjoy seeing and talking through this process. I hope that the Lord brings more people in this spot in life to us!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

You guys are such an inspiration to me. I will be praying for you.

God knows your heart. He is directing your paths. no doubt about it!!

Anonymous said...

i know u posted this a long time ago but i am at the "oh so exciting age 18" it is exciting to know my whole future is in front of me and yes my dream seemingly change and only get bigger and bigger but choosing the right college and career is difficult.. i am glad i know Jesus as my Lord and Savior to help me thru this time of my life.. it is soo refreshing to know that someone is praying and loves my generation because it is scary to see where most of us end up.. so thanks for the encouragement and as always i will remember you and Brock in my prayers.. thanks.. Kelli