Friday, August 11, 2006

Crazy Day at the Airport

The airport was crazy yesterday. We got lucky...we flew out of Indianapolis. Not only is it a smaller airport, but they handled themselves very well. When we got there, people were standing at the ticket counter advising that we check everything liquid. So, I began putting my make-up, suntan lotion, waters, etc. in pockets of the suitcases that we were checking. They even made me check my chapstick because they said that it was considered a gel.

Then, security was not that big of a deal, because they checked every carry-on bag before you actually got on your plane. They came to the gate. I thought that was very efficient since everyone at the security point are getting on planes at different times. It was very tense and people were extra nervous.

We were lucky. Our plane was only 10 minutes late getting to our gate coming in from NY, so we were only a few minutes late. People all over the country were not so lucky.

Even with all of the commotion, Brock checked a hula hoop. Remember I told you about the gifts the students gave Brock? Well, the hula hoop wouldn't fit in our bag, so Brock checked it. It was so funny! I didn't think she would actually go through with it, but she did. The lady at the counter wrapped a sticker around it that indicated that it needed to go to Nashville. It made it to Nashville too!

2 comments:

Matt said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is hillarious! Glad you got through ok - I know some places were a mad house!