Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Lady in the Airport

Saturday, we hurriedly went to grab lunch in the airport before our plane took off. When we sat down, I noticed a woman probably in her late 50's sitting alone a couple of tables away. Immediately, I just knew that she was hurting and I needed to pray for her. As I began praying for her, I knew that she was having trouble with love...not between a woman and child or between friends but between a man and a woman.

About 5 minutes later, she began to cry. Brock who was oblivious to the whole thing was teasing with the waitress about how the restaurant makes their crabcakes. The waitress had said that the main ingredient was love. Brock said, "You can't buy true love at the store." At that moment, the lady jerked her head toward our table. That statement got her attention. This all confirmed my thoughts about the lady.

My heart went out to her and I prayed so intently. After we left, I told Brock about my experience. He said that when that sort of thing happens, I need to go and tell her. For some reason, I thought that information given from the Lord like that was just to help me be able to pray better. Brock said that it would mean so much more to her if she knew that the Lord had told me things about her and that I was praying for her.

Then I knew that I had missed out on an opportunity. Please pray for this lady with me. All I know is that there is a very lonely woman who passed through the Charlotte airport Saturday morning. Pray with me that she will find the truest love that surpasses all human loves. Pray that she feels the glorious love from our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

0 comments: