Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Party for Alisha

We have a girl that just moved in with us. I taught her in church when she was in 7th grade. Brock and I knew her all throughout her high school years because she grew up in the town where my parents live. A few years ago, she moved to Atlanta. Therefore, we saw her again on occasion. Now, she's living with us! It's cool how she keeps coming into our lives.

Last night, we had several people over for dinner to meet Alisha. Brock grilled on his cajun microwave and I cooked sides and peach cobbler and cookies. I was smart this time. I cooked the peach cobbler and the cookies the day before.

We invited our friend, Corey, because he is the social director for anything going on in town for singles. He didn't let us down. He told Alisha all of the Bible studies and organized events for people her age.

It was a great night. Brock was entertaining people with his stories of our latest adventures on the road and I was serving and hanging out. At one point, Alisha said this is a "Pam Baker" get together if I've ever seen one. Whenever I'm hosting, I definately see my mom coming out which is a good thing. She's taught me well.

We love sharing our house and food and lives with others. Isn't that what it's all about?

5 comments:

Matt said...

yes, that's what it's all about. glad y'all had fun.

Anonymous said...

peach cobbler is what its all about

Matt said...

never had it before. but, it sounds like auny makes the best. i'll request it next time we're in franklin.

Amber said...

We enjoy your sharing also! You make the best chocolate chip cookies, I've ever had!!! You guys are AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

hey! auny, there is a verse in the Bible that talks about hospitality- Good job! ~