Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Holding Our Hand

First of all, read Brock's blog www.brockgill.com/blog. Both of us knew that this house was going to foreclose, we just didn't want to voice it. Also, I was hoping that maybe the Lord would change His mind. However, neither of us were surprised when we got the phone call yesterday saying it's over and it's not good.

Brock preached a sermon on faith last Sunday morning. He said, "Sometimes the Lord doesn't step in and rescue you from your situation. He just holds you hand all the way thru it." That's exactly what is happenning right now with us. I don't feel like the Lord just dropped us. In fact, He is so close right now...holding our hands. We don't know what is going to happen next. We don't know what kind of state our finances will be in a few months or years, but we know one thing. The One that owns it all is holding our hands.

We've given our lives completely to Him. Therefore, He can choose what to do with it. A young man who did not know us or our situation told me this verse Sunday and said that he thinks that somehow it defines us..."'Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you..." Acts 3:6.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that God is holding your hand because your dad and I feel so far away. We ache for you. God is faithful. I don't think we've heard the last of this trial. God is working. Love, Mom

Matt said...

i am encouraged daily by reading both of your blogs and seeing your faith in certain situations. now is no exception. thank you for sharing your life with us. it has helped me to have faith thru hard times in my life. once again...thank you

Anonymous said...

i'm proud of you, auny.

Anonymous said...

im glad auny is holding my other hand

Amber said...

Oh, Auny! I have tears in my eyes just reading your post! No two people deserve to be blessed more than you. The Lord must have some serious refining to do and a beautiful blessing on the other side! You two are in my thoughts and prayers hourly! I love you and I am so proud of you and the witness you both have set for me during your difficult time. I would only hope I would respond with as much grace and acceptance as you two!