Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back to Work

We are back from Vegas. It was wonderful! I saw 8 shows while we were there, and went to some fabulous places to eat. If you don't gamble in Vegas, you really win. We stayed in a five star hotel on the strip for less than we would pay for a Hampton Inn. My favorite shows were Ka Cirque show, Jeff McBride, and Carrot Top. My favorite places to eat was a Filipino place, Tao (asian cuisine), the crepe place in the Paris hotel, and a Brazilian steakhouse. We walked so much while we were there that I feel like we worked off the extra pounds we might have gained with all of the food we ate.

I felt very badly that I was sitting at the pool everyday while my parents were going through Hurricane Ike. Luckily, their phones still had service, so I kept in close contact with them. They still don't have electricity. They are guessing that they will be without it for at least another two weeks. Ugh!

Last night, we did a show in Carrollton, TX. It was fun! We were actually excited to be onstage doing our own show. The crowd was packed out, and we all had a good time. By going to Vegas, I learned so much about how to improve our show. However, the thing that I noticed during the show last night is that there was one thing that our show has that no other show had that I saw last week...the powerful message of Jesus Christ. When it comes time for the message and invitation, I always tell the Lord that this is His part of the show. Well, He outshines everybody! He's the only One that can make a "show" life changing.

2 comments:

Chip said...

I am glad I got to see you today. I always enjoy visiting with you!!!
Amanda

Barbara said...

the power of God is so amazing.

i'm praying for your parents. Hope everything is fine.