Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Lighting

I am a little particular about lighting. I don't like harsh lights like halogen or fluorescent. I prefer sunlight during the day and lamps at night. I rarely turn on the overhead lights in each room. I'd rather turn on three individual lamps than one switch on the wall.

I never really thought about it until we went light shopping recently. Brock likes lots of light, whereas, I like a soft glow. Bright lights just seems so institutional.

I'm going to have to get used to the new energy saving halogen lights, though. They are the way of the future. Am I weird about lighting or are some of you as particular as I am?

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I looove natural light. The sun light is the best.
But i don't like to be in dark place, i hate see the half of what i can see. I like normal illumination, not bright but not soft. But i rather the sun.

Anonymous said...

My office is small with no windows and no natural light. When I leave work at the end of the day I feel like I've just left a cave because of all the artificial light.

SUNlight is best!
SONlight is even better ;)

Anonymous said...

I like lots of light, but those new lights are terrible. I keep my house cold and it takes them a while to warm up and turn on. It is particularly bad in the garage so I just leave that light on all the time. So much for energy savings;->

Rhonda

Chip said...

I am really bugged by flourescent lights, the ones that happen to light my office. BLAH!! I really wish we could use a lamp in here. I am pretty picky about lighting as well! Give me sunlight or soft light anyday!
Amanda

trent and kay said...

We realized how much of consumers we are by living out of the country. The first month in our house, our electric bill was 8x what it was for the lady who lived here before us. It was about what we would pay in the States but we were so embarrassed to have such an outrageous bill for here. We noticed we turn on lights during the day when we don't need them. We've stopped that and some other things. Our latest bill is back where it should be.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Someone "weird" about lights like me! I'm the same as you..lamps or natural light. My father-in-law always complains when he comes over b/c it's "too dark" lol