Monday, September 08, 2008

Sleep, VMA's, and Beignets

This weekend, I slept so much. Friday night, I slept 10 1/2 hours. Then, I took an hour nap on Saturday. Actually, I stayed in bed for most of the day Saturday and read and watched a movie on TV. Saturday night I thought that I would have trouble sleeping because I'd slept so much...not at all. I even took another nap yesterday. The only thing that I can figure out is that I woke up every night last week for some strange reason or another. The other thing is that maybe the summer finally caught up to me. Whatever the case, I feel very rested now!

Yesterday, we ate at this place after church and the cook talked with Brock for a long time. He liked Brock so much that he gave our whole table some free desserts. Then, he gave Brock a bag of beignet dough. We hung out a some friends' house yesterday and watched the VMA's and ate beignets. The beignets were amazing. The VMA's were not. I'm ashamed of this culture right now. Sex, fame, and riches are all they talk about. Plus, the talent pool is very shallow right now. I will say that Haley from Paramore did an excellent performance. I was very proud of her!

2 comments:

AUNY said...

Brock goes into a little more details about the disappointment in the VMA awards on his blog.

Anonymous said...

When you sleep like that it is because your body needs it. I am glad that you were able to get the sleep that you obviously needed.

Rhonda