Monday, September 22, 2008

Show in Ruston, LA

We said goodbye to my in-laws and our niece yesterday morning. Then, we drove 5 hours to Ruston, LA. When we got there, we hit the ground running. We set everything up onstage. Then, I ran to the lobby and set up the merchandise. This is taking up so much of my time. We've decided that from now on, when we drive to a show, we are going to take someone with me to help me. It's too difficult to set up everything myself. When I have 4 suitcases to keep up with, it's manageable. A whole truck and trailer is a different story!

The promoter for the show last night was Brock's best friend from high school and college, Brian Britt. He did such a good job promoting the show that the show was sold out. They've never had a sold out event in this civic center before. The show was amazing! It was a great crowd, and we all had a lot of fun. Brock had many old friends and even some family in the audience. He began telling a story onstage about back when he was in math class. He heard a few snickers in the audience. He then realized that his former math teacher was there!

1 comments:

Barbara said...

i like see people from the past. is cool.