Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Change of Attitude

I must say that yesterday, as I was making my big grocery store run before Thanksgiving, I was not feeling very thankful. I prayed that the Lord would change my attitude. I simply felt like we were getting bullied by Satan because we were doing exactly what the Lord wants us to do. We've been bullied all year with some financial things and such that I cannot go into. Normally, I'm able to muster enough strength from the Lord to keep on keeping on, but after sleeping in a cold house for a few nights in a row, I was rather weak (read Sunday's blog to find out more about this).

I felt very alone in all of this. I was really drained and spent. That's not a good thing when you have 20 people coming over to your house. Plus, our heat still wasn't fixed. We have people staying with us all weekend. What would we do with no heat?

Finally, the heating guy came yesterday afternoon and said that he was going to fix it today by noon (that would be a miracle). The cost was (OUCH) $1,500. What can you do?

This morning, my Bible study was on the love of the Lord. One verse really stuck out to me. "I led them with the cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them." Hosea 11:4. It's so sweet how He takes care of His people. As I went out the door to run, I received a note from some friends. In it was a check for $1,500. A little later on, the heating guy called Brock and said that the heater was fixed (before noon, I might add). The Lord stepped in and saved the day! His love is great!

4 comments:

Haley said...

That's amazing! I love those kinds of stories.

Kimmie said...

I love hearing about those kind of details. Our stories are filled with small episodes of God getting in on the details. Looking back to when we were first married and had a lot less than we do now, it was a really special time for me and God because He kept Stepping Up and taking care of us. I learnt alot about Him then. Have a happy Thanksgiving, I'm jelous we don't get to do that over here!

Anonymous said...

kimmie, you can still have a day to eat turkey and stuff our mouth full of pie. try it. its fun.

Anonymous said...

dont forget, go to www.brockgill.com to get the new brock gill dvd. the first ever full length stage show. it could make a nice gift.