Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Not Your Normal Day

Today was a strange day. It was never just normal. I had a lot to do before we left town tomorrow. I did a lot of work online this morning. Then, I washed 6 loads of laundry. I never did get quite done with that. I went through a mountain of mail that had been piling up. With every progress I made today, it just pointed out how much work I need to do. For example, as I was doing laundry, I realized that I need to put away all of the summer clothes and pull the winter ones out. When I went to put a pot away, I saw how badly I need to clean out my cabinets. We've been so busy that everything at home has been neglected.

Just when I was about to throw my hands in the air and give up, Brock told me that we are leaving Saturday morning instead of tomorrow. Therefore, I went from being completely overwhelmed to feeling excited and calm (if you can experience those at the same time).

Then, later, I found out that a lady from my parent's church died. She was an older lady and had a full life. However, she read my blog faithfully. I used to think about her when I wrote, because I knew that she would read it and would be praying.

It was just one of those days that was up and down...not just even paced like normal.

0 comments: