Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rewarding Food

Photobucket

Well, today is meetings and errands day. I have to do some work today. Plus, I'm running 7 1/2 miles for my marathon training. However, tomorrow, I'm taking my Sabbath...more on that tomorrow.

Have you noticed that we reward ourselves with food? After a long weekend of shows, we usually go to a restaurant that we like or get some chocolate or something (like Pappasitos yesterday). Do you think that this is a bad thing? I've heard that you shouldn't use food as a source of comfort, but what about reward? We're only "rewarding" ourselves once a week on average. Brock is rather strict on eating healthy the other days of the week. What do you think?

6 comments:

Kimmie said...

Hi Auny. Came across you and your husband for the first time ever on the God channel last Sunday, I was up early with my baby boy. I checked out the website cos i thought he was a bit wacky! (in a good way) and saw he had a link to your blog. I love reading blogs, especially of other christian women, it gives me a sense of fellowship somehow?! I hope you don't mind me reading yours? I have a website www.colandkim.sampasite.com feel free to visit, nothing so exciting as your life though, I'm just a British SAHM!

Anyway I think food as a reward is a Godly habit! After all He invented feasts as a way of celebration for his people! It was at one of these celebration meals that Jesus gave us the 'breaking of bread' as way to remember him when we come together (which often involves eating doesn't it!). My husband says...'where there's christians, there's food." Or is it the other way around!! Of course God is all about balance isn't he? But I am sure that He is glorified when we eat and fellowship with one another!

Love Kim

Anonymous said...

i think we should eat food everyday..

Matt and Meredith said...

God made all kinds of food for us to enjoy. Enjoy!

Barbara said...

hahahahaha i agreee with brock.
and it looks delicious!!

AUNY said...

You've all made good points! I think if we don't go overboard, rewarding ourselves with food is okay. I'm glad about that because I love food!

Haley said...

All I know is I would like to be "rewarded" with whatever is in the picture you posted. :) All things in moderation!