Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sick


Yes it is 4 in the morning, and yes I am very sick. My throat is killing me. I keep having these coughing fits. Last night during the show, I held in a cough for so long during the message that when that part was over, I went into a coughing fit for like 5 straight minutes. I had to keep doing stuff though to keep the show going. If I were doing any other job, I'd call in sick right now and rightfully so. However, with this job, the plane tickets are bought and the show must go on. Please pray that I feel better. We still have 5 more shows to do in 3 different states this week.

We do everything we can to stay healthy. We try to eat right and take probiotics everyday. We haven't been really sick in a few years until now. Brock was sick last week and me now. We've just had some tough travel times and a gruesome schedule along with training for a marathon.

I will tell you this, though. Last night at our show in Durham, NC, I heard a girl talking to her mom or somebody like that after the show on her phone. She was telling her that she had just given her life to Jesus. It was cool that I caught that as I was walking around tearing down our gear. She ran to call her mom.

12 comments:

Mom in Shepherd said...

So sorry you are sick. I think you guys caught the crud in Texas. I am praying for you. Praise God for working in Durham. Mom

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Auny. Are there any of the guys who could come help you out for a couple of days so you can recuperate??? I hurt for you. But how sweet of the Lord to let you hear the girl sharing her salvation experience. Just a little reminder that you are doing His will and that He is right there beside you.
Love you! Mom Gill

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way--I think some ribs from the Gill Cajun Kitchen would do the trick. Come on . . .

Mom Gill

Anonymous said...

im glad i have you on the road with me

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better!

David Norman said...

praying for you from Austin. hang in there girl...

Anonymous said...

Aw. I am praying for you Auny.

- Sarahbeth

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! I'll be praying for your speedy recovery. Try to rest when you can and get lots of Vitamin C!

It's amazing how blessings come to us just at the time we need them the most. The job you and Brock do is an "awesome" job for an "awesome" God!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Where at in Covington will you be doing the show? Hope you feel better!!

Steph said...

praying for quick healing:)

louisiana loves the Gills!

christiejones said...

hey Auny, Sorry you are sick. I had that a few weeks ago. Awful. Do you have the NETI pot? Jarrod and I are huge supporters of it! :) Really , it works!!! You can find one at cvs if you aren't near a health food store. You can use sea salt or an non iodized salt. 3x a day. Try it! I'll be praying for you.

Amber said...

There's nothing worse than being sick, when you can't be sick:( I will be praying for a quick and complete recovery! LOL!!!