Friday, June 22, 2007

Drained

Camp is so draining. Brock speaks and does magic 3 or 4 times a day. Did you know that 25% of your physical exertion is your brain? Well, our brains are on overdrive. Also, 30 minutes onstage is equal to an eight hour work day physically. We've been onstage an average of 2 hours a day. This does not include the times that we are talking with people before and after each show.

When Brock speaks to the adults in their seminar, he tells them that you have three gauges in your life: PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, SPIRITUAL. You must make sure that they are full or else you are vulnerable to sin. Honestly, right now, I'm less than half full on all three of those gauges. I can feel it too. It's going to be difficult for me to go today and be "on." When everyone gets on your nerves, you know that it's YOU.

I need to make sure that I do whatever it takes to refill those areas in my life this weekend. That's the only way that I'll be able to make it through the next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Auny,

I'll be praying for both you and Brock. I know how exhausting it was last year when I went as a Youth Counselor with my Youth Group to Jekyll (SuperWow). Funny thing is its exhausting yet exhilirating at the same time! Sometimes I think about the "human" things Jesus suffered when he walked on this earth...all the people He had to "deal" with and then when He just needed some down time to pray and regroup His comrades (disciples) fell asleep on Him! God is with you and proud of you so He'll keep you strong. Just remember that old gospel hymn it goes like this "I am weak but thou are strong; Jesus keep me from all wrong; daily walking close to Thee, let it be dear Lord let it be!"

Have a restful and happy day,
Teresa (in Georgia)

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you both, Auny. Mom

ginsmom said...

Hey Auny, I am praying for "fullness" for you both. Love you guys!

AUNY said...

Thanks for the prayers!