Sunday, June 24, 2007

Homesick

For the first time in my life, I'm a little homesick. Normally, I don't have many friends at home, but now, I do. I miss them. I'm not a good phone talker, so it is difficult for me to keep up with everyone while I'm on the road. During the week, I'm so busy with camp that I forget about everything else. Now, I have time to think and I realize that I miss my friends at home.

I had a dream last night. The reason that this dream was significant is that it took place in the house that I live in now. Until last night, my dreams ALWAYS took place in the house that I grew up in even though I haven't lived there in 15 years. I guess that my home in Nashville is truly home to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may sound strange of me to say this, but I am happy that you long for your home, not the home of your upbringing. As your mom, I miss you and those days when my role as your mom was to provide a safe and loving home environment. But I have always been a firm believer of "bloom where you are planted", so I guess your dad and I did our job with you on that part of your life. I can't wait to see you next weekend! Mom

Shannon said...

I wrote about homesickness too! Weird