Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Prayer in the Morning

I'm reading a book by David Cho, preacher of the largest church in the world. This is another book of his on prayer. He is an amazing person of prayer. I can tell that he is passionate about his readers (me) developing an awesome prayer life. In this book, he talks about getting up at 5am every morning to spend time in prayer with the Lord. He says that he doesn't set his alarm clock, the Lord just wakes him up almost as if to say, "It's time for you to talk with Me!"

After I read that, it seems as if the Lord has been waking me up early every morning in order to spend time with Him. Normally at camp, I just try to survive because the schedule is so hectic. I may get around to having some time with the Lord in the afternoon or whatever. Pastor Cho talks about the importance of praying first thing in the morning.

I've always prayed in the mornings like in the shower and stuff. Now, I'm making sure I have an extended time in prayer and Bible study as well. If I wait until the afternoon, I may not get around to it. Also, I've thought that I get soooo much time with the Lord at camp. We have two services a day and a seminar. However, there is a difference in corporate worship and that personal time with Him.

It's been really cool! I have more energy all day even though I'm getting up a little earlier.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Other religions talk about how to have harmony and balance with nature; there is even a book out about "The Secret". There is no secret. God said draw near to me and I will draw near to you. There is where your harmony comes from. Mom

Anonymous said...

I've been praying for you Auny. Every day I look forward to reading both yours and Brock's blog. What you both do touches so many lives and it has certainly touched mine. Once I watched a movie about a child who "heard voices" and she was sent to a psychiatrist. Long story short is by the end of the show it was discovered that the "voices" the child was hearing was actually angels talking to her, that as we grow older and become an adult the sounds of "life" drown out the heavenly influences in our life. It made perfect sense to me. It all comes back to that "Be still and know that I am God." It's hard to be still....it sounds to me like you've found that stillness in your life. Keep up the great work!

Teresa (in Georgia)

trent and kay said...

I've been praying more in the morning too in the prayer chapel here. It is great.

Anonymous said...

Auny,

Do you know if Brock will be at SuperWow (Jekyll) next year? Just wondering. I'd really like some of the new youth in our group to see him perform.

Have a blessed day,
Teresa (in Georgia)

Anonymous said...

Actually, we are going to be in Ft Walton again next year, Teresa. You guys should consider coming here! It's fun too!