Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Baking

I told you that lately, every time that we're home, I get in the mood to bake. I don't really enjoy making big meals, but just baking. Last night, I decided to make something. I only had a few things on hand, so I decided to make oatmeal cookies. I had all of the ingredients...I thought! When it came time for the oatmeal, I realized that I only had a little left. It was only 1/3 of what I needed. I had already blended everything else.

This is the time when I don't really like that we live out in the sticks. I had a decision to make. Was it worth it to drive the 15 miles there and back to the grocery store? Or should I take out 2/3 of what I'd already made and just make a small batch of cookies using the oatmeal that I already had?

What would you have done? Keep in mind that it was 7:30pm. By that time of day, all discipline is out the window! You better believe that I drove the 15 miles or whatever it was to get the oatmeal!

7 comments:

Amber said...

I probably would've done the same thing! Was it worth the drive???

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

Auny's baking...yuuuuuum...

In the event that a desire to bake comes on you tomorrow while we're loading stuff, don't you ignore it!

Chad and Rebecca said...

Good choice! You already have your palate ready for oatmeal cookies and they may not have tasted the same if you took some ingredients out. I would have and have done the same thing

Anonymous said...

I've done the same thing....thank goodness for 24 hr Wal-Marts!!!! Hey, did you guys ever try the strawberry figs I gave you? I gave a jar to my brother and his was gone in less that 1 week!

Hope things are going great for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I have been known to go to Walmart much later than that--whether for a grocery item or for a spool of thread! Encounter friends there, too! Several years ago my Mom was with me when I saw a friend that I had encountered at Walmart about 2:00 a.m. the week before and she mentioned it....my Mom almost blew a gasket when she learned that I was going to Walmart that late! (Or early, depends on how you look at it!) But I still do it!

Love ya!
Mrs. G

AUNY said...

Yes, it was worth it, and yes, we love the strawberry figs.

trent and kay said...

I'm the same way. I bake like crazy now that I have a kitchen and when we are home. I think I would have seen if that recipe would work for some other type of cookie besides oatmeal. But, when you want oatmeal cookies, you want oatmeal cookies.

By the way, this reminds me. Can you send me your poppy-seed muffin recipe? I never knew how hard it was to find recipes from scratch.