Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Complaining

In the scriptures right now I'm studying about being content. I'm learning a lot about complaining. Now, my dad is the most content person I know. He's content no matter what's going on. My mom is very positive. This has really helped to instill a positive lifestyle for me, since I grew up in such a positive, faith filled home.

I'm also learning about how much women influence everyone around them. I don't know if you've heard that saying, "happy wife, happy life," but it's true. Somehow it spreads to everyone around us when we're not happy. There are many scriptures that totally dog a nagging or complaining wife..."It's better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife," and "a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping" to name a couple from Proverbs.

This got me to thinking. How much do I complain? We as women are so effected. If we aren't comfortable physically, we complain. If things don't go our way, we complain. If circumstances don't meet our expectations, we complain. Is complaining ever good? Maybe if we really have a legitimate complaint that would serve as constructive criticism, it's okay. How often does that happen, though? That's like justifying gossip so that you can "pray" for someone. I've really been noticing how much I complain, and honestly, it's easier to be negative. I guess as humans, our flesh is drawn to the negative. So, I'm trying to make a real point not to complain. It doesn't do me any good anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks...i needed that.:)

Barbara said...

I was a very very complaining woman. i think beacuse my parents complain all the time. All the time. Seriously. They are the most negative persons i ever meet. My father is the worst. And my mom is the most gossip and faultfinder person in the whole world.

I start dating with my boyfriend. And he is soooooo calm, patient and positive. So his parents. And i saw that the complains, fights and negative thoughts, takes you to nowhere. I realize that i was wrong. So i start changing. Because i wanted. I wanted that change.
It was soo difficult, it was not easy. And after 5 or 6 years, it still being difficult. But i feel proud of myself. I've been controling myself very well. I still have the negative thoughts, i still complain in my mind, i still feeling anger. I don't know if some day they will go. I wish they do. But now i can control them. I can stop and think with the head, not with my instinct. I literally have to stop, think and calm for a few seconds or sometimes minutes.

I review with God all the things i do or say. And he told me the best way to do it or say it. And i make a patron in my head of what to do in some situation, so when they come, i know how to act best. That help me a lot.

Barbara said...

feel anger. sorry!