Saturday, August 02, 2008

Ethiopian Food

Yesterday was perfect. Brock and I took the bike to eat lunch at an Ethiopian place. I've never had Ethiopian food before, and I'm always up for trying new things. It was interesting. We sat around a basket that was about knee high. They placed the food in the basket, and you ate with your hands.

I scooped everything up in what they called bread. It was different from any kind of bread that I've ever had before. The bread was very spongy. The food was piles of meat or veggies in some sort of seasoning or sauce. The meat (beef and chicken) had a very good flavor. It wasn't my favorite food, but the experience was great! The food wasn't bad either. Our waitress didn't speak much English (which means this place WAS authentic), but she was very sweet. It was cool to meet someone from Ethiopia.

Our Party with a Purpose this month is focusing on missions in Africa. It was cool to experience a little of their culture for one lunch. This was the most unique food I've ever had...the way you ate with your hands out of a basket, the "bread." What's the most interesting food that you've ever experienced?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greek food. I was fortunate to live in Germany for nearly 7 years and ate regularly at "The Delphi". It was wonderful! Authenic Greek food served by real Greek people. Funniest food experience would be eating Chinese Food in Germany and the Chinese waiter speaking in German. It was really funny!