Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summer's Gone

Summer is officially over in my mind. We did some school assemblies last week, and my mom's students start on Monday. That means that it's over...maybe not the season (I think that it goes through Sept.), but the break is over. Some of you might be glad that school's beginning. Some of you parents enjoyed the extra time with your kids but are glad to get some free time back. Some of you enjoy getting back into a routine. I was always ready to begin a new year with new experiences, new classes, new people awaiting me. Brock said that he never was excited about going back to school. Maybe some of your kids or you students share Brock's opinion.

Our schedule is set up kinda the same way as when we were in school. We do different kinds of shows during the summer meaning camps and festivals. With this comes a different schedule. When school starts back up, we begin doing our normal shows. I think that most everybody still has a school sort of schedule in some ways. Even if you don't have kids in school, or you are not a student yourself, you still are more laid back in the summer. Most people take more vacations in the summer.

Isn't it funny how the summer is the slowest, quickest time of your life? It seems to crawl by and fly by all at the same time. I don't know why that is. Time's a funny thing.

Anyway, I always evaluate the summer at the end of it. I've comprised a top 5 list of different things from this summer that I'll be sharing with you this week...

2 comments:

Barbara said...

i were definitive not excited about going back to school this time. But most of the time i were. well... actually just some times. But not this one.

Barbara said...

i'm very very happy that i start school because i'm in monterrey hahaha but i'm definitely not excited for going to school.