Friday, August 22, 2008

Butterflies

Over the last 5 years, the Lord has used butterflies to show me His presence. One day, as I was mowing, I was talking with the Lord, and a butterfly kept flying around me. I thought that was strange because I figured that the noise of the mower and my constant motion would keep away a butterfly. This butterfly was persistent. I felt as if the Lord was saying that He was always with me. After I got done mowing, I sat with Brock on the back patio. As I was telling Brock about the butterfly, it showed up again. This time, it came and landed on me. It just sat there for a while.

Since then, the Lord has sent me a few butterflies. One time, I was running on an unfamiliar road that was sparse of people. I got a little nervous until I saw that butterfly right there flying beside me. I even had one come up to me last week during our hectic schedule in Georgia.

I know that it's not the same butterfly every time. However, it looks exactly the same. It's a gorgeous yellow with brown and reddish spots. It's simply perfect!

The other day, I was out on the back patio doing my Bible study. That butterfly came out of nowhere and landed on my hand. He sat there for about 5 minutes and then flew away. After another minute or two, he flew back over to me this time resting on my study guide. He did this a few times, sometimes on my hand or leg and other times on my study guide. It's my little indication from the Lord that He is there for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A month ago I bought myself a book "Desperate Women of the Bible." For some reason I bought two of them. Last week was my friend's birthday. I did not have her a present (yet). She was having a difficult time and another friend gave her a framed bible verse John 4:14. That night I came home and started reading my copy of the book I'd bought. When I opened it the first chapter was on the Samaritian Woman and the reference was John 4:1-42. Then I knew who I'd bought the book for. She was very proud of it then told me how her husband talked for days about "The Living Water" illusion Brock performed in Hahira. She wasn't able to attend and missed it. She said she knows she needs to read the book. She's going thru some "desperate" things and she feels the Lord is giving her signs.

A really AWESOME LORD we serve!

Barbara said...

this is so cool.

Michawn said...

that's awesome, auny!