Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day

Happy Labor Day weekend! We went to the county fair last night. I rode the tilt-a-whirl a couple of times. It's my favorite ride! Brock watched me. (Nobody else seems to like that ride.) Then, we watched a motocross race there. It was fun!

Today, we are planning to have our craziest Party with a Purpose yet. Some of my friends said that August is the only month that doesn't have some sort of holiday. So, they created their own...Be Your Own Superhero Day. We are all meeting at a Mexican restaurant after church in our superhero costumes. We are going to explain each of our superhero powers and our "story." Then, we will vote on the best girl and guy. I'm sure that I will have videos and pictures to share with you for days! We are raising money for a missionary in Africa.

On Monday, Brock is planning to ride his dirtbike with the guys, and I'm going to the girls' house to swim at their pool. When Brock gets done riding, he's going to meet up with me at the girls' house where we'll grill. Do you have any plans this weekend?

6 comments:

Michawn said...

Tilt-a-whirl...my favorite too!!

Anonymous said...

Eat fried chicken and Peach Cobbler tomorrow at my mama's house!

Mom in Shepherd said...

We have prepared for any possible problems from Hurricane Gustav. We are probably out of range, maybe some rain. But we have to be prepared in case it decides to turn our way. We have had a lot of traffic through our area, people evacuating east to west. So we will probably be staying home on Labor Day here in east Texas.

trent and kay said...

Did you guys wear your super hero outfits to church, too? I can just picture you riding the tilt-a-whirl all by yourself, screaming like a little kid with nobody beside you. Kind of a funny image.

Dani said...

I spent my weekend on tyndall airforce base in northflorida.(about 2 hours east of fort walton beach)
I was visiting my older brother before he gets shipped over seas to Qatar for 4 months.
It was great to see him and I love that area(:

~Dani.

P.s. I love the make up your own super hero idea.

Barbara said...

i went to the movies this weekend. i saw "conversations with other women" it was good.
and i saw a japanese one "chi-wa" or "wu-hi" or something like that hahahaha it wasn't good. So, it doesn't matter if you don't know the name.