Thursday, September 29, 2005

Dinner in Denver

We are in Denver, CO tonight getting ready to start another weekend of CIY conference. Brock and I ate at a very nice restuarant. We sat out on the patio. Toward the end of our meal, a homeless guy came up asking for money. Brock told him that he didn't have any cash. The man said that he wanted something to eat. To my surprise, Brock said for him to go get a table and Brock would buy them something to eat. The homeless man's eyes lit up. "Really?" he asked. Brock affirmed it, so the guy called his brother over and they went around to the entrance of the restuarant.

The waiter watched all of it happen. He sat the guys at the bar and gave them some food charging it to our bill. When he brought us the check, he brought us some dessert as well. We didn't order the cheescake, but the waiter said that when people do something nice, they should be rewarded. He said that it was really cool for Brock to do that because most people just blow them off. I think that the waiter received just as much of the message of Jesus' love as the homeless guys. Also, the cheesecake was the best I've ever had!

4 comments:

Amber said...

That's an awesome story, it tells just what kind of a man your husband is. You should be proud!

Quatro said...

I love that! I think many times, the whole point of doing things like that is more for the people looking on than it is for the actual recipient of the gift...Jesus says in John 13:35-36 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. All men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another."

Quatro said...

Sorry, I was posting as "Quatro..."
Gin

t.newb said...

auny, i hope to heck that you read this. This is tyler newberry. Leslianne and I want to come see you guys in Denver tomorrow. We live in Breckenridge, a little over an hour away. If you get this have Brock give me a call asap. My cell is 970
-389-7256 and our house phone is: 970-368-4403. I have no idea what kind of event this is so I wasn't sure if we would be your help getting in. See you soon!