Saturday, September 03, 2005

Fox News are Heroes

I know that in a recent post, I slammed the media. However, today, I'm seeing a better side of the news. Last night, we watched on Fox News as Giraldo Rivera pleaded with anyone to save the evacuees in the convention center in New Orleans. These people have been in the convention center for 6 days without food or anything. Thousands upon thousands of people went to the convention center having been told it would be a shelter and received no kind of aid whatsoever. Plus, according to reporter Shepherd Smith, there was a government checkpoint close by that would not allow the people to cross over to go get food, etc. I don't know what went wrong there, but Hiraldo picked up a 10 month old boy and said something to the tune of this plea is not for political or monetary gain, just please get these people out of here! He called it Hell on Earth. I dreamed about those people trapped in that convention center all night. This morning, the government sent military helicopters to rescue the people! I don't think that would have happened had it not been for Fox News.

0 comments: