Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm a Loser

I lose everything! In college, I lost my wallet about once a year. I've tried alot of ways to keep up with my stuff. I purchased one of those wallets on a keychain. I tried carrying a purse but would leave it somewhere even more often. When Brock and I were married, I had him carry everything...the wallet, his phone, the keys. I would always be sure he remembered to bring everything with him, but I couldn't keep up with the items that I was carrying.

This is bad, because now I have to keep up with so much stuff...all of our luggage, our equipment. I seem to be able to do a descent job at keeping up with the big things such as these, but there has been an occasional missing pants or bolt from an illusion that are in some random city. It's the everyday items that I seem to misplace the most. There is some kind of loose connection in my brain that simply doesn't think to pick up all of my personal items when I leave a certain location.

This weekend, it was my phone. I've had my old phone for 2 years and never had a problem. I've had this phone for 2 weeks and just left it somewhere in Pittsburgh! I don't know what to do. You girls know that the pockets in our pants will not hold anything larger than a few dollars. Even a credit card or hotel key is a problem in some of girls' pants pockets. The cards will not bend with you when you sit down. We all know that I can't carry a purse, but I simply must carry my phone on me. What should I do when I get a new phone to ensure that I will not lose it?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You could get a belt clip for the phone and never take it off! :-) They also make girly holders that you could snap around a belt loop. You'd just have to get in the habit of placing it back in the holder afterwards. When I am out and just have my phone it usually fits in my back pocket. But I also have a big butt! hehe

Amber said...

Yeah Auny, belt clips work really well. You can snap the clip onto any pocket of your clothing. I like to clip mine to the front of my jeans or shorts pocket. If you don't take the clip off until your clothes come off, then you shouldn't lose your phone!