Thursday, September 22, 2005

Sick

I'm sick. The head pounding don't want to get out of bed sick. I sneazed all afternoon Tuesday. Then, I crawled in bed. I wanted to stay in bed all day yesterday, yet I got up, packed us up, drove (Brock actually drove) to Georgia and performed a show. One of the downfalls of this job is that you can't call in sick. Last night was the first night that I've performed sick.

When I went into the dressing room to get something to eat, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. With my eyes and cheeks puffy, nose red, and unkempt hair, I didn't look like a girl that could be onstage. I tried my best to conceal my pale, sick face with makeup.

The show went well overall. There were 750 people in attendance and 48 people were saved. The show was not a disaster, but it was very rough for me. My reaction time was slow. You can't be slow during our show. It doesn't work! I hope that I'm better by Friday when we start the second weekend of our conference tour in Richmond, VA. However, it's hard to heal in the back of a moving truck.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm sorry you're sick! There's nothing worse than being sick and not being able to. I hope you get well soon!

Gin said...

Poor friend! I'm praying for rest for you!