Monday, September 12, 2005

Epsom Salt Baths

After we did our last string of shows which ended up being 15 shows in 3 different states over the course of 9 days, we went to get massages. We both had gift certificates for massages that we received for our birthdays. We knew that this would be the perfect time to take advantage of the gifts. As I was leaving, the masseuse handed me a paper with some information on epsom salt baths.

I've been taking 2 or 3 epsom salt baths a week ever since. It's incredible! After I had the massage, I felt relaxed but very tired. The bath makes me feel relaxed yet rejuvinated. It is supposed to relax your muscles as well as extract toxins out of your body. If you don't have the money to get a massage every week, try this as an alternative.

You can purchase epsom salt at any Walmart or drug store (don't go to the food section like I did...it's in the pharmacy section). It should be about $2 for a large bag. Fill your tub with hot water and 3 cups of epsom salt. Soak for 15-20 minutes. Then, drain the tub until it gets about ankle deep and turn on the shower to wash off all of the salt. I usually make the shower slightly cool because the bath was so hot. I also read my book as I'm soaking. It's a wonderful thing.

1 comments:

Amber said...

I've been painting all day and I feel exhausted. Thanks for the great idea, I think I'll try it tonight!!!