Thursday, September 14, 2006

"Haunted" Hotel Room

We are staying here, in Georgia, for 4 nights. Brock is speaking each morning at the college here and we are performing a big show Friday night. It's been going well. They made a mistake on our room in our favor, so we have a suite for the week! It feels like we have a little apartment. We're actually getting a lot of work done and getting some much needed rest.

To get here, you have to travel thru the woods and over the mountains. It was so dark and deserted on the way here, so we started talking about scary stuff. I think that it's fun to get scared when you are with people, but I seem to pay for it later. That night, I woke up to go to the bathroom and I saw a black form about 4 feet tall standing not 5 feet from my bed. I jumped over closer to Brock who didn't even stir. Right before I woke Brock, I took one more look at the thing. There was just enough light cascading from the window to see that it was indeed a black form...created by Brock's black jacket that he had draped over the handle of our suitcase!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auny, you are hilarious--and I love you to pieces!

Mom Gill

Amber said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only scaredy cat!

Two nights ago, I thought there was a demon hovering right over my bed! I was so scared, I almost couldn't switch on the lamp. I finally got up the nerve, only to find out, the light from the moon was shining in just the perfect way to make the ceiling fan look like a demon with his arms spread open wide!!!

Anonymous said...

haha!! wow! I kinda did something like that before!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha.
i think i've had a million of those moments.
good story, Auny.