Sunday, September 03, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

We have had such a great weekend so far. Brock and I stopped at our favorite beach, Pensacola, on the way home from Palm Coast. We spent the day there. It was so relaxing and just a perfect day. There was not a cloud in the sky. The water was crystal clear and not too cold but not too hot. One time when we were in the water, Brock was floating face down. A big crab crawled underneath him, so I touched him to make sure he didn't put his knee or foot down on it. Brock jumped up with a start. In the minute he was underwater, he had fallen asleep. He actually had a dream. That tells me two things about him: 1.He was too tired Friday, and 2.He's too comfortable underwater.

Last night, we went to dinner and the Cocoa Tree with friends. One of the girls has a birthday this week, so we had a surprise party for her at the Cocoa Tree. Brock distracted her at the entrance of the Cocoa Tree while we went to our normal room in the back and decorated with birthday stuff. We had a candle in her trouffle. It was perfect!

Then, some of my friends that I grew up with in Daytona, Kevin and Tiffany, walked in the door. They are married with two kids and live in Murfreesburo now. Also, his mom, Mrs. Godbey was visiting, so she was with them. I saw her at the FX and the Cocoa Tree...twice in one week in two different states!

Today, we plan to go to church, then lunch, then a movie, and dinner at some friends' house. What a fun weekend! What are you guys doing on this Memorial Day weekend?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, Auny. It is Labor Day weekend. Mom

AUNY said...

Yeah, I just found that out. I always get those holidays mixed up. It doesn't seem very logical that Labor Day would be now though. A lot of people have not been laboring very much because of summer. Yesterday, our pastor said something about Labor Day and I just thought he got it mixed up, but no, as usual, it's me that's mixed up!

kelli beth said...

auny! you crack me up! it was so awesome to see you guys last week at FX and meet some of the crew. i'm working this labor day, boo... hope you all have a relaxing day! talk to you soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love your stories!
my brother is in Pensacola, if only i would have known, you could have spoken with him, i'm sure it would have made an impact upon him, but next time, hopefully.....

Gin said...

Hahaha, Auny...I have a great one for you: My friend Sandy's birthday usually falls on Memorial Day weekend. I called her Friday and wished her a happy birthday! There was a long pause and then, "Gin, my birthday is in May."

Don't feel bad...lots of us get these holidays mixed up :)