Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Leaving Town Today

I definately felt your prayers yesterday. I had so much to do and not enough hours in the day to do them. The day before we leave is very stressful. It does help that we aren't leaving until after lunch today. I decided that I can do some more errands while Brock is having his meeting this morning.

Then, we both have a meeting with our office. Please pray that this meeting goes well. It's difficult for me to focus my attention on a meeting or any other thing for that matter when we are about to leave town. I'll have several checklists going through my mind. Last Tuesday, we had a meeting right before we left town and I freaked out when we started talking about 2008. I was just trying to get through the day. I'm a little more prepared this week.

I think that it's an epidemic how many women in our country feel overwhelmed. It doesn't matter what job you have...even if you are a stay at home mom, women tend to take care of everyone around them. However, we don't take care of ourselves. This is a disservice to the people we are taking care of. Women out there, sometimes, you must say no or be honest and tell people that you have too much on your plate right now.

3 comments:

Gin said...

Amen, sister! I've been learning to "just say no" lately, and you know what? The world hasn't stopped turning, and I don't even think anybody has gotten angry with me.

I highly recommend it!

P.S. Still praying :)

Anonymous said...

Your Dad preached a sermon years ago about it is OK to say "No." He was right on target then...and I have learned that other folks can do some things! I have also learned that when I overextend myself, that I do not do my best--and when the task if for the glorification of the Kingdom of God, that is BAD!

Sometimes when we are overwhelmed, we just need to stop and prioritize the list and go from there! And schedules do work--I know that you and Brock are free spirits and that schedules are not your thing, but for some things, you might try it!

PS--give Brock the task of balancing the check book! It is good for men to be able to do that! Learned that a long time ago as well!

Love ya!
Mrs. G

Amber said...

Can I get a witness??? Preach it sister's!