Monday, September 11, 2006

Pressure

I learned something about myself this week. I don't know my limits or how to set them. I take on too much and then explode with stress. I feel fine, but then, out of nowhere, I either resent the person that I'm doing all of the work for, or I'm on edge because of the load I'm carrying.

I am Brock's assistant which is a fulltime job. However, I am also road manager, stage manager, production manager, illusion consultant, and housewife. I've got a list mile high of things that need to be replaced or fixed. I haven't even got to the stack of mail yet, let alone e-mail. We leave tomorrow for three weeks and I am not prepared physically, emotionally, or spiritually. We have so many illusions that we cannot do unless I make sure they are fixed and we cannot get to the shows unless I make sure the truck gets fixed.

I'm crumbling under the pressure, but if I don't get everything done, who will? Brock's too busy with meetings and e-mails and such to even think about this stuff. What should I do?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you. I can truly understand the pressure of taking on too much. My load is not the same as yours, but the more loaded I get the more I feel resentment creeping up inside me. I had a really bad pity party some weeks ago. Had to have someone set me straight. They did it in the Love of Christ and I received it. I will pray for you to get a new road manager.

Gin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gin said...

just hang in there, friend. God is with you:

then moses said to him, "if Your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here." - exodus 33:15

God is about to "send you up" once again. He knows you can't do anything without His power...He had a plan for how you would finish all you have to do before you ever started to crumble.

good advice: my best friend and college roomate used to tell me all the time, "Gin, just do one thing at a time. make a list, and only think about one thing on the list until it's done." :)

...and hey, remember the "worry list"? Sounds like it may be time to break it out again :)

Amber said...

Praise the Lord for good friends with good advice! The Lord knew just what you needed when he sent you Gin!

Just know that your network of friends and family are interceding on your behalf on a regular basis, but even more so today! We love you very much and are so proud of all the sacrifices you make in Jesus name! Stay the course, let Jesus be your strength in this time of need!

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!

P.S. Check Quatro!

Anonymous said...

pray and you will be prayed for.....go have that party with brock!