Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Shows Over

This is my favorite time. I've got everything packed up and I'm in the empty church. Everyone else is out in the hall talking with Brock or going to their cars. It's quiet and I have a sense of accomplishment.

Brock tends to do random stuff during a show. Tonight, he came onstage with an apple. He took a couple of bites out of it and then threw it on the floor. All night he made reference to that apple. It was funny!

Many were saved tonight, but I especially liked what Brock said after the invitation. He told people who didn't know if there is a God to question it. Ask the Lord to reveal Himself to you. Brock continued to say that it might not be tonight or in the way you think it will happen, but the Lord will reveal Himself to you. Seek Him and you will find Him because He's not hiding.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i prayed for you last night, and i prayed for you today. as funny as it was, i was relieved when you guys called today to tell me about the stage.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went well.

I can relate to the same thing.

When my church does something special and when it ends.
I 'am the one who is responsible to make sure everything is put away and turned off. Plus other stuff.

I find myself alone putting everything away. But in the mist of that sometimes I shed a tear and thank God for what He has done, for what He did, and for what He will do.

Anonymous said...

I love reading these because sometimes something Brock says in a show gets to touch me even when I'm not there. Thanks for sharing Auny.

OneVoice said...

that is true what he said, i love the accomplished feeling......glad to hear it went fabulously!

AUNY said...

Thanks for praying, Stephy. The Lord answered our prayers in a lot of ways. I had the best merch volunteer that I've ever had. She took care of everything! The people we worked with were great.