Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Finishing a Book

I woke up at 4 something this morning and I have been reading most of the morning. I'm almost done with my book. That's an accomplishment because it's around 900 pages! It's the sequel to Gone With the Wind and it's great! I only have one last chapter. However, it's going to be a good one, so I'm waiting until later to read it. I'm so tempted to whip it out right now and finish it, but we have some meetings this morning, so I wouldn't have any time to reflect on the ending. I'm waiting until I get to the comfort of my home this afternoon to finish.

It's a perfect day for reading. It's rainy and cool. The first thing I'm going to do when I get home is snuggle up under a blanket and finish this book. It's such a bittersweet thing when I finish a book. I'm going to miss Scarlett and her qwerky ways. I'm also going to miss the time in which she lived. I know, I know! I get to engrossed in the novels that I read.

5 comments:

Amber said...

I'm right there with ya sister! I'm normally depressed for at least a day after finishing a really good book! I just don't want it to end and I miss the time periods too! It's almost as if for a moment you are there yourself!

Gone with the Wind and the sequel are two of my favorite books and movies! ENJOY!!!

Anonymous said...

I dont know that feeling yet..I'm currently reading Tyler Perry, "Don't Make A Black Woman take Off Her Earrings"

Barbara said...

que padreee!
yo tambien quiero hacer un libro!

Anonymous said...

I'm a teacher and tomorrow is my last day until Jan. 3rd. I have an Agatha Christi book that is about the size of GWTW. It has 4 of her mysteries. I can hardly wait to curl up and start reading!

Gin said...

Last night I curled up with HTML for the World Wide Web, with XHTML and CSS. It's a real page-turner, but you guys are making me realize how much I miss reading just for fun!